Research Associate / PhD Student at the Chair of Economics, especially International Economics
At TU Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, the Chair of Economics, especially International Economics (Prof. Dr. Christian Lessmann) offers two positions as
Research Associate / PhD Student
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting at the earliest possible date, with 75% of the fulltime weekly hours. The positions are limited to 3 years and could be extended. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz WissZeitVG). The positions aim at obtaining further academic qualification (e.g. PhD).
- You contribute to the teaching activities;
- You conduct own research in one of the research areas mentioned below;
- You support us in administrative tasks.
- university master’s degree in Economics, Applied Statistics, or a related discipline;
- You have a solid econometric background and experience with R and/or Stata;
- You have interest in working with geo-spatial data, Python and APIs;
- You are fully proficient in English (German skills are an advantage).
- An inspiring research atmosphere and expertise in the field of international economics, development economics, regional economics and political economy;
- Support and supervision of your PhD thesis;
- Courses in the structured PhD program: Central-German Doctoral Program Economics (CGDE);
- Strong support to present research results at international conferences and participation at summer schools.
For further information about the position, you are invited to contact email@example.com.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities. Please submit your application including a cover letter describing your interest in this position, your CV with copies of exam certificates and other appendices and two reference letters (if available) until 03.11.2020 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail services applies) preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to TU Dresden, Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Professur für Volkswirtschaftslehre, insbesondere Internationale Wirtschaftsbeziehungen, Herrn Prof. Dr. Christian Lessmann, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis.
Apply for Research Associate / PhD Student at the Chair of Economics, especially International Economics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly