- Solves server-related solving problems on a daily basis.
- In support of change management within the data center, provides the CSC with information about the enterprise virtual Environments.
- Support the vSphere environments including activities such as design, maintenance & troubleshooting.
- Support Citrix environment including virtual applications and VDI’s
- Handle ongoing maintenance e.g., service pack installations, hot fixes, software upgrades, etc.
- Daily monitor and verifies all virtual environments are running smoothly.
- Monitor and follow up on the Virtual environment backups.
- Responsible of monitoring all virtual servers, VDI infrastructure and services.
- Management and updating of all virtual applications, virtual servers, VDI services.
- Co-ordinates work with vendors for support.
- Tests and deploys new virtual applications, virtual servers and VDI’s.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management frameworks.
- Design and execute VBScript, PowerShell scripts to automate bulk tasks.
- Performing standard administration responsibilities
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive documentation diagrams of the virtual environments.
- Perform pro-active support functions and reporting to maintain the integrity of the enterprise equipment and infrastructure.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree required in Computer Engineering/Science
- VCP certification would be beneficiary
- 3 years’ experience in related work
- Good Knowledge of MS Active Directory required.
- Knowledge of Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 administration.
- Practical experience with Server Virtualization.
- Experience in designing complex virtual infrastructure solutions in a mid-to-large scale data center.
- Experience with VMware, CITRIX virtualization
- Knowledge of Veeam Backup and replication.
- Knowledge in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Have a general knowledge of server technologies, and network and enterprise storage technologies.
- Good communication skills & Report Writing Skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required, should be available 24/7 on-call in case of major services outage.
- Strong problem solving, testing, and network troubleshooting skills
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department Infrastructure&Core Techno. Section
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED