Director, Enterprise Applications and Integration
- Actively participates as a member of the UITS senior management team providing input, assessment and direction from the perspective of EAI.
- Assesses UAEU Departments’ needs and develop programs to support these needs affecting the day-to-day operations and procedures of the University.
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities in the selection, implementation, management and maintenance of enterprise applications technology projects to ensure project goals are accomplished by performing duties personally or through subordinates.
- Develop project proposals with goals, time frame, funding limitations and procedures for accomplishing administrative computing projects, staffing requirements and allocation of resources.
- Consult and formulate recommendations to senior management in academic and business departments to identify and solve their business needs by advising appropriate electronic automated solutions to run their operations, assesses their impact on University resources, and ensures the effective integration into the computing infrastructure.
- Hire, train, manage and evaluate reporting staff so as to provide stable enterprise mission critical applications, an appropriate presence on the World Wide Web, and related services to the University.
- Prepare and manage department budget and staff training needs in line with the CIO office.
- Implement tools and best practices in applications development life cycle across all enterprise platforms.
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Establish guidelines and procedures necessary for the department to provide stable enterprise mission critical applications and excellence in service delivery.
- Interact with other academic institutions in order to maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in emerging technologies and to enhance the enterprise's image as a first-class University utilizing the latest technologies in this field.
- Communicate within and across EAI, UITS and other functional offices the current status of projects; any changes in priorities, resources or task sequences that impact other projects; and, any other conditions that may impact previously established commitments or expectations.
- Act as the first point of escalation for EAI Managers attempting to resolve service issues/complaints from students, faculty, staff and others.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned by the CIO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline. Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience in a similar enterprise academic environment, with at least five years of management experience.
- Strong management and leadership skills, including coaching, consensus building, and ability to effectively manage resources to address competing priorities.
- Effective communication at all levels - staff, clients, executives, vendors - and to diverse constituencies both technical and non- technical.
- Experience in using a well-structured life cycle management process for implementation of changes in application systems.
- Experience in managing the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) suite of services, inclusive of Student Information Systems.
- Experience in managing the eLearning system in a higher education environment.
- Experience with or knowledge of service provision best practices (e.g. ITIL, Cobit)
- Should have extensive knowledge and experience in a higher education environment supporting a wide spectrum of information systems, tools, and support services.
- Understanding of data warehousing environments.
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department Enterprise Applications& Integ.Sec.
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 12000 to 28000 AED