ASELCC Research Fellow
1 day left
- Full Time
- Full-time, Fixed term contract until 31 July 2021
- Located at the Bundoora Campus
- $96,959 - $114,500 per annum + up to 14.5% superannuation
About the position
This position is within both the Olga Tennison Autism Research Centre and the Victorian Autism Specific Early Learning and Care Centre on the Bundoora campus. The Research Fellow is funded by the Department of Social Services (DSS) to undertake and publish research related to the implementation and evaluation of intervention at the Victorian Autism Specific Early Learning and Care Centre, which is one of six centres nationally that provide early learning and care and specific intervention support to children aged zero to six years with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) within a long day care setting. These centres are intended to also provide parents with support in the care of their children and give them the opportunity to participate more fully in the community.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Completion of a PhD in a relevant discipline or professional area OR relevant experience within the discipline or professional area.
- High level knowledge about ASD/other developmental conditions
- Knowledge of and experience in conducting assessments of young children and their families.
- Evidence of experience in research and evaluation and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday 25 Oct 2020 by 11:55 pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Melissa Favata, Senior Recruitment Business Partner, +61 3 9479 2030 or email@example.com
Only candidates with working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.