Digital Analytics Strategist
Category Communications and Public Relations
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Princeton University Office of Communication is seeking a data scientist and digital strategist to develop, execute and analyze user and market research in order to assess communications performance and generate insights that will help achieve institutional communications goals.
The candidate should have expertise working with data sets from multiple sources and channels including university web, social media and mobile data as well as third-party reports to develop analytics-based strategies that improve the Office of Communications’ content performance and user engagement.
The candidate will also consult and collaborate with other campus units on analytics-based digital media strategies, including content strategy, social media, email, search engine optimization and paid search/social media.
- Instill a culture of objective assessment and accountability for communications projects. Develop KPIs, gauge channel performance and user engagement, identify actionable insights, and communicate results through dashboards, presentations and written analyses. Monitor strategic messaging initiatives and brand reputation using tools that show how our efforts perform in the broader media landscape.
- Use analytics to help optimize content and user engagement.
- Build and analyze complex data sets from multiple sources. Identify new quantitative methods and tools to support institutional communications goals.
- Help university select its first communications data visualization platform.
- Collaborate with Communications office leads and team members, as well as partners and stakeholders across campus, to help achieve institutional communications goals.
- Act as a consultant to other campus units on analytics-based digital media strategies, including content strategy, social media, email, search engine optimization and paid search/social media.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Three years or more of work experience in the field of data science or analytics
- Work with data sets from multiple sources and channels
- Creating analytics-strategies and recommendations based on statistical and numerical techniques to inform new initiatives, perform market research, and improve content performance and user engagement
- Analyze and presenting large data sets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Fluency in Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics, Sprout Social and other analytical/marketing tools (e.g., Hubspot, Marketo, MailChimp)
- Experience working in one or more industry leading data visualization platforms (e.g., Tableau, Domo, Adobe Analytics)
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with university’s two primary web content management systems, Drupal and Wordpress
- Degree in business, information systems, statistics, economics or mathematics or comparable experience
- Experience at a reputable brand, publisher or agency
- Higher education experience
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW