Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Science Education
School of Education
Salary: From £33,797 per annum
This post is fixed term for 9 months and the post is full time at 1 FTE
Closing Date: Sunday 08 November 2020
Interview Date: Tuesday 24 November 2020
The School of Education at the University of Lincoln is inviting applications for two fixed-term, full-time Postdoctoral Research Associates to join a Wellcome Trust funded project, Research-2-Practice. The project is a collaboration between the University of Roehampton (P-I Professor Ian Abrahams) and the University of Lincoln (Co-I Dr Anita Backhouse). Both posts will be based at the University of Lincoln.
The Postdoctoral Research Associates will play a key role in contributing to the project and the overall research initiative. You will:
- Conduct a systematic literature review of the research relating to effective pedagogical practice in specific named areas of science teaching and/or learning either in primary, or secondary, school settings
- Summarise, critically and succinctly, your findings from each literature review in a manner that is readily accessible to trainee teachers and their in-school mentors
- Support mentor training activities relating to the project
- Conduct quality assurance visits to participating schools across Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, and London
- Conduct interviews and surveys as required
- Analyse qualitative data and prepare reports as required
- Co-author, with members of the project team, academic and professional journal articles, and conference papers as required
Eligible candidates must already have a PhD. Knowledge of primary and/or secondary school pedagogical practice and/or science education would be an advantage. A current full UK driving licence is a requirement for these posts - a car will be provided - as school visits will need to be undertaken in rural areas where there is little public transport.
This post is full time fixed term for 9 months.
Informal enquiries about the post may be addressed to Dr Anita Backhouse (firstname.lastname@example.org)