Senior Lecturer, Economic and Management Sciences
FACULTY OF ECONOMIC AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF MARKETING MANAGEMENT
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Lecturing at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level;
- Supervising postgraduate students;
- Conducting scientific research and publications in the field of Marketing;
- Liaising with students, parents and other stakeholders;
- Managing academic departmental events and supervising tutors.
- A Doctorate with specialisation in the field of Marketing Management;
- Lecturing experience at tertiary level; and
- Experience in independent research and/or involvement in research activities.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language proficiency as well as appropriate communication skills;
- Computer literacy.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Lecturing experience at postgraduate level;
- Practical marketing experience in commerce or industry;
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals; and
- Experience in the guidance of postgraduate students’ research.
PLEASE NOTE: Shortlisted applicants can be required to do a 10/15 minute presentation to the selection committee of the Department prior to formal interviews.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and UMVUZO and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
CLOSING DATE: 23 October 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs Z. Mashalaba, Tel: (012) 420 2655
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 15 December 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.