Digital Marketing Coordinator, Student
Job Title: Digital Marketing Coordinator, Student
Location: Red Lion Square, Holborn, London
Reporting to: Catalina Powell
The World University Insights Ltd, publisher of Times Higher Education, is the data provider underpinning university excellence in every continent across the world. As the company behind the world’s most influential university ranking, and with almost five decades of experience as a source of analysis and insight on higher education, we have unparalleled expertise on the trends underpinning university performance globally. Our data and benchmarking tools are used by many of the world’s most prestigious universities to help them achieve their strategic goals.
For more information on Times Higher Education please visit http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk.
Basic Scope & Primary Objectives
Reporting to the Operations Director, Student, the Digital Marketing Coordinator will have the chance to help shape an exciting new digital offering. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of coordinating B2C digital campaigns through successful tactical execution. This new role will help the team maximise lead generation opportunities across multiple channels, including social media content, event communications, lead follow-ups, and website optimization. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of implementing marketing strategies to an international student audience with a particular focus on China.
Support the Student Marketing team in the design and execution of successful digital marketing campaigns by developing relevant and compelling content, analysing current and past performance, incorporating tested and new best practices and growing and segmenting our student list
- Assist in the segmentation of audiences and the development of personas to target, identifying best channels and timings for delivery with a particular emphasis on the Chinese market
- Develop a social media content calendar and create engaging, timely and on-brand content to target prospective international students from China
- Measure social performance including engagement and follower growth to draw conclusions on effective tactics to implement in future campaigns
- Work with data/ analytics teams to generate meaningful insights to achieve improved performance – across call-to-action lead conversion, web analytics, performance marketing and e-mail activities
- Collaborate with the Events team to create a lead engagement funnel as part of the pre, during and post event communications strategy
- Maintain and update website pages such as the partners hub, as well as campaign landing pages
- Collect and send daily student leads to trusted partners and produce regular reports to identify patterns and anomalies using market intelligence
- 2+ years experience or equivalent of supporting best in class digital marketing campaigns in a B2C environment
- Experience in creating content and managing social media campaigns across platforms including Weibo, WeChat, Facebook and YouTube
- Inter-cultural communication skills with a particular knowledge of Chinese audiences
- Data analysis skills and working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g. communications, marketing, IT)
- Excellent written, verbal communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be a team player with the confidence to work with a host of internal and external stakeholders
- Related industry experience
- Language skills, ideally: Chinese Mandarin
What’s on offer
- Competitive Salary
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days holiday
The World University Insights Limited relies on the flexibility of its staff to ensure the continuity of the high standards and performance, as such this job description is only intended to be a guide to the most regularly performed duties, it does not form part of the contract of employment and is subject to amendment and change as may be considered.