Research Fellow, Computational Mathematics
The School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences invites applications for a Research Fellow position to work on multiscale seismic modelling and imaging.
- Develop advanced numerical solvers for eikonal equation
- Implement the numerical solver in the software package for body-wave seismic tomography
- Integrate both the surface wave tomography and body-wave tomography for detailed subsurface images of Southeast Asia and other places
- Publish high-quality scientific results in top peer-reviewed journals
- PhD in mathematics, geophysics, seismology or equivalent
- Evidence of innovation and/or high quality publications in the area of computational mathematics or geophysics
- Experiences with high-performance computing, especially with OpenMP and MPI
- Enthusiasm, good communication skills, and able to conduct independent research
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.