Research Fellow, Materials Science/Electrical Engineering
School of Materials Science and Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
The Research Fellow is needed to work in the area of memristive materials and devices.
- Formulation and design of new memristive material compositions
- Design and fabricate new memristors with enhanced plasticity
- Detailed electrical characterisation of the fabricated devices
- Design and develop memristive elements where information is stored in the electrical and optical properties
- Employ characterization techniques to understand physical and chemical properties of materials and devices
- Take ownership of equipment & assigned project; work hands-on in lab (clean-room, glove-box, fume-hood) with chemicals
- Regular maintenance of research and study records for possible publication in peer-review journals and conference proceedings
- Provide guidance for interns and students
- PhD in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering or related areas with in-depth knowledge of materials, device physics and/or neural networks
- Previous experience and knowledge in the field of memristive materials and devices is necessary
- Should have excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Should have a sound publication record
- Expertise in materials characterization techniques
- Good skills in time management, experiment design and data analysis
- Ability to work independently and contribute to the whole team
- Ability to multi-task to meet tight deadlines
- Open to learn and incorporate related research areas
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.