Research Fellow, Nanyang Environment and Water Research Institute
Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
- Using a suite of separation techniques, eg adsorption, precipitation, membrane filtration, chromatography, to separate and purify a range of high value added biological solutes (polypeptides, antibiotics, lipids, carbohydrates) present in either food wastewaters or fermentation broth
- Identifying “valuable” solutes within these wastewaters that can then be separated to a high purity (>95%) and then sold, or integrated into fish food
- Re-analyse wastewater that has been fermented to SCP, and possibly other valuable by-products, to see whether other solutes are worth recovering before anaerobic treatment to recover both energy and water
- A recognized PhD in Biochemical/Chemical Engineering, or possibly Chemistry
- Expertise and experience in bioseparation techniques such as precipitation, adsorption, filtration and chromatography
- Fresh PhD graduates are welcome
- Having 2-3 years of post-doctoral experience will be advantageous
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.