Senior Prospect Researcher
DEPARTMENT OF INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 7
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing high-quality research information to support executive University staff involved in fundraising, communication, marketing and relationship development; to source new potential donors and ensure the integrity of information input on the database by:
- Identifying potential donors and other key influencers who can help the University to achieve its’ strategic objectives;
- Conducting further research on prospective and current supporters, and providing the department and senior university staff with background information on Hight-Networth individuals attending meetings and events;
- Researching and identifying and developing essential background information on prospects to make connections between projects and funders/donors, thereby creating maximum fundraising in conjunction with faculties, departments and projects;
- Gathering information regarding the donor community and higher education issues to keep abreast of the development trends and challenges in higher education and to advise the University personnel and student groups on aspects of fundraising;
- Finding opportunities to establish a relationship with the donor community and education policy-makers to remain up to date with the developmental needs and challenges of higher education.
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent fundraising qualification;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in:
- Working in a fundraising and donor-focused environment.
- Multiple areas of prospect and market research.
- Copywriting, editing, proofreading of briefing notes or prospect files;
- Data resource utilisation;
- Prospect development;
- Solicitation and administration of grants;
- Working with donations and sponsorships;
- Internet searches;
- Administration related to database utilisation.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of large CRM databases;
- Knowledge of donor types and understanding of fundraising processes, or cycles of engagement: identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship;
- Ability to write briefing documents or instructions, distilling large amounts of information into relevant facts and context;
- Critical thinking;
- Attention to detail and maintain accuracy while working under pressure;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to share information and explain its’ relevance;
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Additional diploma or certificate in Public Relations or Marketing;
- Additional diploma or certificate in Fundraising;
- Relevant experience in the higher education sector.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 30 October 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Tebogo Setshedi, Tel: (012) 420 5261 for application-related enquiries, and Josiah Mvundla, Tel: (012) 420 3045 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 November 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.