Research Associate, Materials Science
The School of Materials Science and Engineering is looking for a highly motivated and experienced candidate to join us as a Research Associate (RA). The RA will join a government agency funded project led by A/P Ng Kee Woei (https://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/kwng/).
The RA will join a multidisciplinary research team and will assist in developing nanomaterials formulation(s) suitable for application as matrices in MALDI-ToF mass spectrometry analysis. The RA will also help in various data analysis processes and assist in generating graphs and figures to explain the team’s findings. The RA will supervise student projects at the undergraduate level.
- Conduct thorough literature review and generate periodic updates
- Assist in sample preparation and carrying out MALDI-ToF mass spectrometry to analyse biocorona on nanomaterials
- Assist in the synthesis, functionalization, and characterization of nanomaterials utilized in the study (e.g. TEM, XRD, DLS, FTIR etc.)
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of research data
- Supervise undergraduate projects
- Manage procurement, logistical issues and laboratory inventory
- Participate in collaborative work within multidisciplinary team and external collaborators
- Assist the generation of periodic progress report as required by funding agency
- Master degree in Materials Science/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Forensics or related fields
- Fresh graduates may apply
- Experience in nanomaterials synthesis, functionalization, and characterization required (e.g.TEM, DLS, FTIR, XRD etc.)
- Experience with MALDI-ToF mass spectrometry and data analysis
- Experience in nanotoxicology research is preferred
- Good communication and writing skills
- Good coordination/project management skills
- Able to plan and execute experiments with minimal supervision
- Able to take initiative to improve processes and troubleshoot problems
- Able to organize well and adhere to deadlines
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.