Project Officer, Nanotoxicology
The School of Materials Science and Engineering is looking for a highly motivated and experienced candidate to join us as a Project Officer (PO). The PO will join a government agency funded project led by A/P Ng Kee Woei (https://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/kwng/) to develop novel nanomaterials and understand their function as matrices for MALDI-ToF mass spectrometry applications.
The PO will assist in profiling the nanotoxicological risks associated with potential human exposure to the developed nanomaterials. The PO will take charge of the documentation requirements in the project, as well as the Data Management Plan.
- Conduct thorough literature review and generate periodic updates
- Assist in MALDI-ToF mass spectrometry to analyse biocorona on nanomaterials
- Carry out in vitro toxicological analysis
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of research data
- Manage logistical issues including Data Management Plans and IRB documentation
- Participate in collaborative work within multidisciplinary team and external collaborators
- Assist in the generation of periodic progress report as required by funding agency
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering/Biological Sciences/Biology or related fields
- Fresh graduates may apply
- Experience in mammalian cell culture
- Experience with MALDI-ToF mass spectrometry and data analysis is preferred
- Experience in nanotoxicology research is preferred
- Good communication and writing skills
- Good coordination/project management skills
- Able to plan and execute experiments with minimal supervision
- Able to take initiative to improve processes and troubleshoot problems
- Able to organize well and adhere to deadlines
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.