Research Associate, Environmental Catalysis and Water Treatment
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering invites applications for our Research Associate position.
- Engage in the synthesis of cutting edge and novel membranes and nanomaterials for separation, adsorption and photocatalysis (Innovate NTU)
- Design and evaluate new process parameters
- Perform experiments and characterization on samples (e.g. nanostructural characterization using x-ray tomography, AFM, BET, EIS analysis, electron microscopy and CO and CH4 generation from CO2 reduction), and analyze and interpret data
- Process monitoring of selective contaminant removal and defect identification in nanomaterials heterostructures
- Plan, design and deliver the research activities of the project within the limited time of appointment
- Possess Master’s degree in one of the following subjects: Material Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering and other related Engineering fields
- Experience in developing and conducting laboratory based testing, including water quality testing and basic nanomaterials synthesis
- Skilled in nanostructural characterization, using X-ray, UV-Vis, analytical FESEM, TEM, HRTEM, XPS, and so on
- Significant research experience in photocatalytic reactions, and transformational bye-products mechanism studies
- Ability to communicate research information in English clearly
- Proven ability to work in a team, including with other researchers, academics and technicians
- Strong publication record, experience in industry R&D projects will definitely be an added advantage
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.