Special Scientist Position, Department of Chemistry
Title : Special Scientist
No. of Position(s) : One (1)
Category : One year contract
Location : University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Department of Chemistry announces one full time (140 hours/month) Special Scientist position for the research programme «EXCELLENCE/1216/0477: Production of the bioactive signaling messenger nitric oxide from nitrite: Probing the nitrite reductase activity of heme globins and mitochondrial heme-copper respiratory oxidase», funded by the Cyprus Research and Innovation Foundation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting experimental research work within the framework of the research programme.
- Collection, analysis, processing, evaluation and interpretation of experimental data.
- Writing of research articles.
- articipation in the management of the research programme.
- Participation in the activities of the research team/programme.
- BSc in Chemistry or Biology or other related field from a recognized Higher Education Institution.
- PhD degree in Biophysical Chemistry or in a related field from a recognized Higher Education Institution.
- Experience in molecular spectroscopy techniques, especially in infrared and Raman spectroscopy.
- Experience in the analysis, processing, evaluation and interpretation of spectroscopic data. Experience in using data analysis programs, such as Matlab, Origin.
- Very good knowledge of English.
- Excellent organizational, teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
The position is on a contract basis of one year. The monthly gross salary is equal to €1740,64. Employee contributions to the various governmental funds will be subtracted from this amount. The position does not include a 13th Salary bonus.
Interested candidates should submit the following items, in PDF format, via e-mail to Dr Eftychia Pinakoulaki, email firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30 th of October, 2020:
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date
- A detailed curriculum vitae in Greek or in English (contact address, e-mail and telephone number should be included)
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s)
- The names and contact details of three persons (at least two University professors) from whom references may be requested
For more details and other information, interested individuals may contact Dr Eftychia Pinakoulaki by email: email@example.com or telephone: +357-22892782