Research Fellow, Institute of Public Policy and Administration
Department: Institute of Public Policy and Administration (IPPA)
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 30 November 2020
Summary of the Position
The University of Central Asia seeks to fill in a full-time position at the Institute of Public Policy and Administration (IPPA). IPPA was established in 2011 to strengthen public policy in Central Asia. It provides in-depth analysis on current and emerging policy issues facing the region and improves the analytical capacity of governments and civil society to use evidence in decision-making processes through professional development. The Institute issues a series of peer-reviewed research papers on social and economic issues, public administration and public policy relating to Central Asia and Afghanistan.
The Research Fellow will be contributing to IPPA’s research projects in economic and social studies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Research Fellow is expected to carry out the following duties:
- Develop and implement research projects
- Conduct quantitative analysis of macro- and microeconomic data
- Write research papers
- Contribute to IPPA planning and reporting
- Engage with IPPA research partners
- Contribute to proposal writing to secure external funding of research projects
- Teach in IPPA educational programmes
Required Qualifications and Experience
- PhD (or PhD student) in Economics; MA degree holders from reputable universities are also welcomed to apply;
- Fluency in English and Russian is required; knowledge of other Central Asian languages is an asset;
- Minimum three years of experience;
- Experience in conducting research in Central Asia
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA: Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV including list of published work (if applicable), and contact information for three references who are able to attest to your teaching/research experience to email@example.com by November 30, 2020. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “IPPA Research Fellow”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.