Head of Academic Quality
Job Profile Academic Quality - Quality
Contract Type Permanent
The Head of Academic Quality, on behalf of the central University quality team, leads on ensuring consistency of quality and standards across the University in the application of central policies and procedures. The post holder will work closely with the Director of Academic Quality in embedding a data-driven, outcomes and risk-based approach to academic quality and standards in the University. Additionally, the post-holder will lead on the drafting of key reports using data informed evidence; and interpret management information and other quality data for senior management and more widely within the University.
- Support the Director of Academic Quality in meeting and embedding the University's academic regulations, frameworks and policies and identify areas of good practice for dissemination.
- Use data to ensure the University has appropriately applied its policies and procedures in relation to academic quality and standards.
- Draft key reports on behalf of the Academic Quality Team for internal committees and external regulators.
- Provide guidance and direction to colleagues across the University on matters relating to quality and standards and ensure there are effective and integrated quality management processes and procedures in place across the University, and work closely with School quality leads to ensure these are followed.
- Play a key role in the initiation, development and implementation of institutional KPI measurements and lead on data analysis for key academic processes, such as School Boards, Annual Programme Monitoring, Programme Approval, Annual Quality and Standards Reporting and collate feedback to inform the development of regulations and policy.
- Manage the Academic Quality Office team through a matrix management structure with the Director of Academic Quality.
- Act as Secretary to committees as required.
- Develop and benefit from an external networks of peers.
- Represent the University at external events and conferences.
- Undertake such other tasks and duties as may be required from time to time
Department University Academic Services - Academic Services
Vacancy location UK, Home Based, Home Based
- A good first degree, or equivalent level qualification.
- A depth of experience working in an academic environment and an understanding of quality assurance and enhancement in higher education either for a higher education institution, or a professional or statutory body.
- An understanding of the frameworks for quality assurance in higher education, including the QAA and/or OfS.
- Very strong written skills with experience of writing reports for internal committees and external regulators.
- Strong oral skills with experience of providing advice to committees and senior officers.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Sensitive and constructive interpersonal skills.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable to the exigencies of changing priorities and timescales.
- Self-motivated and target focussed.
- A Master's degree or professional qualification at Level 7 or above.
- Experience of other the regulatory frameworks, for instance Ofsted, SRA, BSB, NMC, ACCA, TEF or HESA.
- Experience of teaching or delivering staff training.
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary 50-60 k