- To assist faculty from the Yale Center for Analytic Sciences (YCAS) collaborative core by providing support for research projects, including form design, data management, and data analysis to clinical investigators at the Yale School of Medicine and Veteran Affairs of West Haven.
- Follows and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring data security and integrity. Collaborates with researchers to make data collection and analysis understandable; and provides instruction and training to study staff on database usage as appropriate.
- Manages several routine research projects simultaneously and ensures that the design, testing, implementation, and prioritization objectives are met.
- Documents database procedures and policies and resolves complex protocol issues in existing databases.
- Works closely with study Principal Investigators to develop detailed data management data and data analysis plans for implementation.
- Works directly with research personnel to identify and resolve technical issues, troubleshoot problems, and create reports. Manage client expectations by communicating directly with staff to understand goals and solve user problems.
- Implement established relevant data management procedures and statistical programs to incorporate data from multiple projects and/or sources.
- Create reports for data quality for presentation at data management meetings with researchers within and outside the university.
- Review accuracy of data reporting across various analytical tools and multiple data sources; serve as a point of contact for questions and queries, troubleshooting, etc.
Essential Duties of Position:
- Interact with the YCAS collaborative team to provide data management and statistical support to clinical investigators from the Yale School of Medicine and Veteran Affairs of West Haven.
- Assist in electronic database forms design, data management, and introductory analyses for many types of data and types of studies including clinical trials and biomarker studies.
- Extract research data from Yale OnCore, Forte EDC, and REDCap customizable web-based clinical trials database systems, merge files and prepare data for quality assurance (QA) and analysis.
- Prepare written reports that summarize the process and results of data query and error checks for multi-site clinical trials and biomarker studies, interpret the findings and provide conclusions and recommendations.
- Meet with investigators to assess data management/statistical needs.
- Provide assistance to YCAS team and investigators in the review/preparation of research protocols, grants and manuscripts for multiple projects (i.e. provide input on study design and data collection).
- Work on several projects concurrently.
- Assist in the training of study staff in the use of the electronic data systems through webinars, workshops and one-on-one interactions.
- Performs a variety of duties involving the application of statistical skills to the design of research studies. Works as a member of a research team/study team to provide appropriate statistical input in the design, execution and analysis of studies.
- Participates in the development of operations and procedures for the collection, editing, verification and management of statistical data.
- Operates one or more systems of computer hardware and statistical analysis software for the management and analysis of data. Evaluates the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Analyzes and interprets statistical data to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
- Processes large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis, using computers.
- Investigates, evaluates and prepares reports on applicability, efficiency, and accuracy of statistical methods used in obtaining and evaluation data.
- Participates in the preparation of written and oral presentations that summarize the analysis of data, interprets the finding and provides conclusions and recommendations.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Master's degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Excellent organization skills with the ability to multitask by setting working priorities among a number of conflicting demands.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Experience in electronic database forms design, data management, and introductory analyses for many types of data and types of studies including clinical trials and biomarker studies.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to merge files extracted from research database systems and prepare data for quality assurance (QA) and analysis.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Masters Degree is preferred. Experience with REDCap, SAS.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus