Departmental Administrator A
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
PEROMNES LEVEL 9
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The effective and efficient implementation of student administration and general administrative issues in the departmental administration unit for undergraduate and postgraduate students to provide excellent and deliver friendly customer service to the faculty, head of department, students, lecturers, the university in general and to the community according to the strategic initiatives arising from the Vision and Mission of the University.
The successful candidate will be responsible for BUT not limited to:
- Office Administration
- Student Administration
- Financial Administration (whole department)
- 3-year administrative degree or diploma
- At least 3 years’ experience in administration in an academic institution or similar organisation/establishment;
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Sound general managerial and leadership skills. Ability to think strategically;
- Strong persuasive and conflict handling skills;
- Budget control;
- Diary Management;
- Good interpersonal skills of working in an environment of diverse cultures and groups;
- Good language and communication skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to cope with stringent deadlines and work pressure;
- Time Management skills;
- Computer Skills (Excel, Word & PowerPoint);
- Ability to use PeopleSoft platform or a similar platform;
- Financial system on PeopleSoft or similar platform
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- BA degree / Administrative diploma
- 5 to 6 years’ experience in administration
- Experience with coordination/administration of postgraduate degree programmes and postgraduate students
- Experience with financial management and administration within University environment
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 20 October 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 December 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.