Senior Lecturer in Nursing
4 days left
- Full Time
- Provide academic leadership to Nursing at our Ballarat campus
- Full time, continuing position
- Teaching focussed
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Faculty of Health Sciences offers courses in biomedical science, clinical education, clinical exercise physiology, exercise science, health administration, healthcare simulation education, high performance sport, mental health, midwifery, nursing, nutrition science, occupational therapy, paramedicine, physiotherapy, psychology, public health, rehabilitation, social work and speech pathology.
As the Senior Lecturer in Nursing, you will provide lecture, tutorial and laboratory classes in core subjects in the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine programs and to contribute to the academic and administrative functions of the School.
Your role will include:
- Providing, leading and supporting colleagues to develop high quality innovative teaching informed by reflective practice
- Teaching and supervising honours, masters and/or PhD students
- Effectively contributing to academic administration, quality improvement, risk management and/or governance which benefit the School and University
- Providing leadership in curriculum design and development that uphold or exceed higher education accreditation standards.
You will need to demonstrate:
- A PhD or Doctorate, or substantial progress towards a PhD or Doctorate, in Nursing or related discipline
- A current registration with AHPRA (as a Registered Nurse)
- Evidence of leadership and significant contribution in curriculum design and development
Commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply please click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $151,564 - $164,554 pa, including salary component $128,281 - $139,383 pa (Academic Classification Level C), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Associate Professor Helen Webb, Acting Deputy Head of School of Nursing, Midwifery & Paramedicine (Ballarat) on 03 5336 5390.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 28 October 2020; 11:55pm EST