YCCI Programmer Analyst 2
The position is part of the Joint Data Analytics Team and provides custom programming support for researchers and research initiatives. The analyst is responsible for programming applications and interfaces, in addition to developing reports and data queries. The position requires a high competency in programming and technical skills combined with strong communication and collaboration skills. They must collaborate with the research team to understand requirements and develop application solutions tailored to the project needs.
- Develops programs or systems of small to moderate size and complexity. Modifies existing systems at all levels of difficulty.
- Provides informational input into decisions concerning the development and delivery of applications, programs and systems. Defines and analyzes requirements to meet the expectations of stakeholders and intended end users needs, scheduled timeline, and budgetary targets.
- Analyzes, defines and designs new systems and applications. Writes code in support of business solutions.
- Responsible for the creation, definition, communication, and management of project plans which includes architectural design, technology selection and methodologies to apply.
- Troubleshoots problems and provide ongoing maintenance and support for applications and systems.
- Prepares documentation, user manuals and develops formal proposals for new systems and modifications to existing systems. Mentors technical staff and provide training for end users.
- Contributes in the development of policies or modifications to exiting policies.
- Applies and keeps current with existing and emerging technologies and methodologies. Provides ongoing input to the establishment of programming standards, procedures, and methodologies.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree. Three years of experience in analysis and programming of small to medium scale systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to review customer requirements and translate into data extract strategies in addition to developing creative solutions to complex problems.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Exceptional IT/systems skillset for front end and back end development.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Proficient at working in team environments as well as self-directed independent projects. Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while balancing priorities and deadlines. Demonstrates leadership skills needed to successfully complete projects.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrates regulatory compliance understanding. Ability to understand and communicate implications of federal regulations and university policies related to clinical research and data compliance.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Strong communication and collaboration skills. Demonstrates a high degree of customer service. Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically in written and verbal forms with internal and external contacts, faculty, researchers and staff at all levels.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree and Epic certification or a combination of 5 years work in a related IT role. Proficiency with SQL reporting. Full stack web/mobile development experience. Working knowledge of HL7 FHIR. Experience with ES6, TypeScript, and NodeJS. Preferred experience with ReactJS or VueJS and knowledge of HTML5/CSS with preprocessing tools (SASS, LESS, SCSS).
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus