Research Fellow, Chemical Engineering/Materials Science
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The Centre for Antimicrobial Bioengineering at the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering is seeking candidates to work as Research Fellow to design and synthesize polysaccharides, peptides, polymers and their conjugates which will be used antimicrobial agents for diverse applications such as for food packaging, personal care, fish farming, etc.
In addition, the candidate will also assist with the management of the Center, such as procurement, lab safety, proposal preparation, prepare technical reports for the program PIs, assist with organization and management of the research team, etc.
- Work with PhD students as well as research staff to achieve the project goals
- Develop and execute experiments aimed at the synthesis, self-assembly and modification of novel antimicrobial block copolymers, polysaccharides and polypeptides
- Prepare technical reports for the program PIs and present data at regular group meetings
- Draft research publications/proposals
- Assist with organization and management of the research team, such as procurement, Goods Receive, lab safety, report, and proposal preparation, etc.
- PhD degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related fields
- Capacity to develop and interpret polymer structure-assembly relationship, antimicrobial activity and polymer self-assembly behavior
- Expertise in developing and interpreting experiments for design and synthesis of novel antimicrobial block polymers/peptides
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, as well as organizational
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU