Research Fellow, School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
One Research Fellow position is currently available in the School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences, NTU. The candidate is expected to perform research conduct research under the umbrella of the Gu’s qroup covering various cross-disciplinary aspects of quantum and complexity science. The overall aim been to improve current state of the art techniques of understanding complex systems via the use of quantum information processing.
Keys areas of research include:
- Quantum thermodynamics
- Complexity Science
- Quantum Information Science
- Quantum foundations
- Information thermodynamics
- PhD in theoretical quantum information or related field.
- Excellent English verbal/written communication skills.
- Record of high impact publications related to quantum information science.
- Ability to communicate technique ideas to interdisciplinary scientific audiences.
- Previous experience in the proposal of new quantum algorithms/protocols,
- Previous experience in quantum resource theories (e.g. coherence)
- Experience in adapting theoretical concepts to testable experimental proposals
- Collaborative ties with leading experimental groups in quantum technologies,
- Research experience or general knowledge of complexity theory.
- Prior experience in co-supervising research students.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU