Research Fellow, Energetics Research Institute
Energetics Research Institute invites applications for the position of Research Fellow to support the Institute’s capability build up on computational modelling & simulation of energetic materials.
- Undertake research on computational modelling and simulation involving a wide range of topics such as sensitivity, performance and design of energetic materials
- Use hydrodynamics software such as LS-DYNA (especially LS-OPT), and ANSYS suite (AUTODYN, APDL) to model and optimize explosive tests such as impact and cookoff tests
- PhD in Science (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) or Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Materials)
- A postgraduate degree/ research experience in detonation science, explosive engineering is preferable
- Keen interest in research and a team player in multi-disciplinary project work
- Good knowledge of computational models used in this field, such as Ignition and Growth model, Vielle’s burn rate law etc
- Experience in modelling explosive reaction processes, such as burning, deflagration, explosion, detonation and transition processes is advantageous
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.