NTU Main Campus, Singapore
A Project Officer position is available at the School of Biological Sciences in NTU for a research group that focuses on cancer cell signalling, RNA biology and transcription regulation.
- The successful candidate will be expected to be competent in standard cell culture techniques
- Efficiently perform a variety of molecular biology techniques including molecular cloning, PCR, western blotting, nucleic acids isolation, lentiviral work, chromatin immunoprecipitation and next generation sequencing library preparation
- Prior experience in mammalian cell culture, CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, immunoprecipitation, protein expression & purification and/or mouse handling/genotyping will be highly advantageous
- A strong background in cancer biology, molecular and cell biology or protein work as demonstrated by final-year-project study and/or previous lab-related research attachments is necessary
- Assist in the administrative duties of the lab, which includes procurement, inventory checking, safety/risk assessment and equipment maintenance
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honors or Master’s Degree in Cancer Biology, Life Sciences, Biochemistry or related fields
- Successful candidates must have an enthusiasm for research, be self-motivated and well-organized
- Strong team player with good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to plan tasks independently and demonstrate good troubleshooting skills
- Experience with literature search, designing, conducting experiments and data analysis will be advantageous
- Good working attitude, responsible and able to learn things quickly
- Singaporeans or Singapore permanent residents are preferred
- Candidates with at least 1-2 years of experience in mammalian cell culture, molecular cloning, western blotting, chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) or immunohistochemistry are encouraged to apply
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.