Associate Professor in Architecture and Design
Associate Professor in Architecture and Design (1683)
School: Design School
Department：Department of Architecture and Design
Position Title: Associate Professor
Vacant Number: 2
Location: Suzhou Campus
Salary: 34,738 – 37,469 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 41,063 RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
Position Open Date: 1st October 2020
Advertisement Closing Date: 31th January 2021 (early submission of applications is encouraged)
Contract Type: Full Time or as a visiting position 5-10 months
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Teach one design studio and taught module a semester including students academic mentoring
- Research through classic academic realm via research projects, innovations and publication or via architectural practice or art in architecture. Publications at a level appropriate for the discipline and designation. Applications to external research funds
- Service to support the administrative side of the department, school and the university or extra curricula activities for students, staff, discipline.
- Complete PG Certification unless already holding one teaching certification or similar
- Participation in departmental activities and administrative life.
- Positions of administrative responsibility at departmental/cluster/school level.
- Typical split of teaching: research: service is 40:40:20.
- PhD in Architecture with a minimum of 7 years of academic experience and excellence in academic achievements
- Master degree in Architecture with minimum 10 years practices, including extensive senior executive experience equivalent of design Director and 2 years education experience
- Fluent in English
Members of Academic Staff receive generous subsidies for accommodation, travel, children’s education, and medical insurance. A relocation allowance is provided. Non-Chinese passport holders may qualify for multi-year income tax “holidays”, depending on nationality and tax residency.
Citizenship and Visa Regulations:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for a work visa in the P.R. China.
Please submit your application on our university official website, you can access https://career15.sapsf.cn/career?career_company=xjtlu then find Requisition Number 1683 or directly access https://career15.sapsf.cn/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=1683&company=xjtlu .
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf resume that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level, contact details for three References
- Teaching and or project portfolio(it is also welcomed as an additional attachment)
Informal enquiries may be addressed to the HR Recruiting Team at Xinyun.Yang@xjtlu.edu.cn. Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.