Administrative Officer, Learning Abroad
- Full time, continuing position
- Based at the North Sydney campus
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
ACU International has institutional responsibility for realising and achieving the University’s Global Strategy and for facilitating the university’s global engagement. ACU International has specific responsibility for the recruitment, admission and ongoing support of international students at ACU in addition to managing global partnership collaboration, and inbound and outbound exchange and study abroad programs.
The Administrative Officer, Learning Abroad processes learning abroad applications and related funding requests, responds to enquiries about learning aboard opportunities and protocols, and issues correspondence and documentation related to learning abroad.
More specifically the role entails:
- Assessing learning abroad applications and funding requests to determine student eligibility
- Processing learning abroad applications and funding requests in a timely and highly accurate manner
- Calculating and recording disbursement of learning abroad payments to students to ensure data integrity
- Assisting with preparation and management of events such as learning abroad information sessions.
You will need to have:
- Completion of a bachelor degree; or an equivalent combination of experience and/or training
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with constant and concurrent deadlines
- Evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- Experience in the Microsoft Office suite and proficiency in the use of databases software, Excel and word processing
- Experience in communication including social media skills.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $85,053 - $92,167 pa, including salary component $71,871 - $77,882 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 5), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Amy Ryan, Manager, Exchange and Study Abroad on 02 9739 2428.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Sunday 18 October 2020; 11:55 pm EST
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.