Research Fellow, Cancer Biology and Immunology
Research Fellow (Cancer Biology & Immunology)
The School of Biological Sciences at the Nanyang Technological University is recruiting an innovative and highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow. Our laboratory is focused on elucidating the molecular mechanisms underscoring the activation of cancer driver genes (Nature Cell Biology 2015, 17: 1327-38; PNAS 2016, 113: 14402-07; Nature Communications 2018, 9: 3183) and autoimmune diseases.
- Work with a team of researchers in the areas of cancer cell signalling, immune activation, RNA biology, and chromatin regulation
- Investigate various modes of transcription regulation and chromatin dynamics mediated by oncogenic factors or immune cell signalling during disease pathogenesis
- PhD and preferably 2-4 years of postdoc experience in the relevant areas of cancer cell signalling, immunology, RNA biology and gene regulation
- Demonstrate excellent cancer biology, immunology or epigenetics knowledge
- Extensive knowledge and experience in biochemistry, molecular & cell biology and genomics work
- Prior expertise in a wide variety of cell and molecular biology methods, as evidenced by a strong publication list (first authored) in high quality journals in relevant fields
- Demonstrate competence in CRISPR epigenome editing, RNA-related assays and genomics work including ChIP-seq and chromosome conformation capture assays
- Prior experience in tumor xenograft models and immune cell isolation, culture & analysis will be preferred
- Ability to write/contribute to research articles, grants and keep meticulous notes/proper scientific documentation
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking, written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and pro-active environment and has a strong team focus and ability to work independently
- A demonstrated ability to supervise PhD students and junior research staff
- Prior hands-on experience with animal models will be highly advantageous
Candidates interested in this position are encouraged to submit a full CV including a complete list of scholarly publications and patents, and the names of three individuals who will provide letters of reference.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.