Project Officer, Chemical Engineering/Materials Science
2 days left
- Full Time
The Centre for Antimicrobial Bioengineering at the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering is seeking candidates to work as Project Officer to design and synthesize new antimicrobial polymeric coatings/ polymers/peptides/copolymers/ polysaccharides that will inhibit Gram negative and Gram positive pathogens as well as Mycobacteria and fungal pathogens. The goal is to design and synthesize active compounds, that are non-toxic to mammalian cells, and that represent lead compounds for drug development.
- Work with PhD students as well as research staff to achieve the project goals
- Develop and execute experiments aimed at the synthesis, self-assembly and modification of novel antimicrobial block copolymers, polysaccharides and polypeptides
- Prepare technical reports for the program PIs and present data at regular group meetings
- Draft research publications
- Assist with organization and management of the research team
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related fields
- Expertise in polymer and polypeptide synthesis methods such as glycochemistry, NCA, ATRP, RAFT, NCA, ring-opening, etc.
- Capacity to develop and interpret polymer structure-assembly relationship, antimicrobial activity and polymer self-assembly behavior
- Expertise in developing and interpreting experiments for design and synthesis of novel antimicrobial block polymers/peptides
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, as well as organizational
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.