Laboratory Instructor, Anatomy Labs, Wet and Dry
2 days left
- Full Time
Khalifa University College of Medicine and Health Sciences
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
Reporting to the Senior Lab Instructor, Anatomy Labs, the Lab Instructor is responsible for the daily operations of the Anatomy wet and dry labs, including preparation of learning materials, and maintenance of facilities. The Lab Instructor also participates in ordering, maintenance of inventory and curriculum delivery.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Carries out daily operation of the anatomy wet laboratory and three anatomy dry labs.
- Assists in ordering and maintenance of equipment, laboratory supplies, chemicals, and related materials used in the handling, storage and shipping of cadavers and anatomical / pathological specimens.
- Participates in anatomy teaching.
- Assists in preparing materials for teaching demonstrations.
- Assists in preparation of anatomical specimens by performing prosections and/or dissections in accordance with requests made by medical personnel for material used in educational seminars and/or regional anatomical study.
- Assists in maintenance of permanent records, including the date when specimens are received, distributed for use,returned, and/or disposed of in accordance with relevant laws, rules, and regulations. These records are necessary to insure the proper identify and location of anatomic specimens and lab inventory at all times.
- Assists in setting up demonstrations and teaching seminars for student groups when required.
- Adheres to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and reports breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinates with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned bythe Line Manager
Qualifications & Experience
- A baccalaureate degree is preferable from an accredited institution in an appropriate subject area.
- Five years of relevant experience working in an anatomical lab.
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Laboratory Instructor, Anatomy Labs, Wet and Dry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly