Senior Administrative Officer
FACULTY OF NATURAL AND AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
OFFICE OF THE DEAN
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 9
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
It is expected of the Senior Administrative Officer to deliver a complete administrative and secretarial function to the Deputy Dean (Teaching and Learning) and the Dean’s Office.
These functions will include the following:
- General office administration and secretarial duties;
- Internal and external liaison at both national and international level;
- General typing and drafting of documents (correspondence, reports, minutes, etc.);
- Financial administration;
- Managing the logistical arrangements for events;
- Data analytics and e-learning development.
- Relevant three-year national diploma in Office Administration or related OR Relevant B-degree; and
- A minimum of three years’ (with a National Diploma) OR two years’ (with a B degree) appropriate experience in the office of a senior manager at a tertiary or academic institution;
- Experience in drafting correspondence, data analysis and report writing;
- Experience in financial administration;
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Excellent professional communication and language skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong display of customer service acumen;
- The ability to work under pressure without compromising detail and accuracy;
- Ability to prioritise work independently and handle simultaneous assignments with success and accuracy;
- Data analysis skills and the ability to compile reports;
- The ability to handle confidential information.
- Thorough working knowledge of applicable computer programmes (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and the Internet);
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Knowledge and experience in the use of the University’s financial system;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access;
- Experience of evidence-based student success initiatives;
- Knowledge of a blended learning environment including online support (ClickUP);
- Experience in managing the logistical arrangements for events.
- A valid driver’s license.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 22 October 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Job related: Prof P Bloomer, email@example.com
Application related: Ms A Hlatshwayo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 November 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.