Assistant Professor, Corporate and Business Informatics
For Research and for Teaching Key Courses in the Field of Corporate and Business Informatics (Corporate Management Systems, Business Informatics for Managers, Introduction to Management Information Systems
Department Department of Corporate Economy – Faculty of Economics and Administration Deadline 1 Nov 2020 Start date 01.02.2021 In accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., Section 77, the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position:
Department of Corporate Economy is looking for:
a part-time (20 hours a week) Assistant Professor for research and for teaching key courses in the field of Corporate and Business Informatics (Corporate Management Systems, Business Informatics for Managers, Introduction to Management Information Systems).
Would you like to share your experience with others? Do you enjoy coming up with new ideas and solutions? Are you interested in research? Do you welcome new challenges? If so, you are the person we are looking for. Become part of the Faculty of Economics and Administration of Masaryk University.
What does the position entail?
- Teaching key courses ensured by the Department of Corporate Economy;
- supervising Bachelor’s and Master’s theses;
- research activity, including participating in or running research projects and grants; and publishing activity.
What do we require?
- A completed PhD in Information Technology Management, Business Informatics, Computer Science or a related area;
- publications in fields related to Business Informatics in Q1 an Q2 journals according to the WoS database;
- the ability to lecture and publish in English;
- experience in participating in research projects; teaching experience;
- the ability to work in a team;
- and a research agenda relevant internationally, with at least active participation in international scientific conferences and workshops abroad, including presentation of the applicant’s own research results.
What do we offer?
- Interesting, autonomous, and responsible work in the environment of a prestigious university;
- a professional team and agreeable working environment;
- employment benefits (e.g., meal voucher contributions, 8 weeks of holiday, supplementary pension insurance contributions, vaccination contributions, free access to Masaryk University library services);
- opportunities for education and professional development; and opportunities for an internship abroad;
- a 2-year employment contract.
What to include in applications?
- A complete professional Curriculum Vitae;
- an overview of publishing activities over the past 10 years in the following structure: monographs (B), articles listed in the Web of Science and Scopus (Jimp|Jsc), chapters (C) – applicants will highlight those publications that are relevant to the position;
- a list of research projects the candidate has lead or participated in over the past 10 years;
- a list of citations to the applicant’s publications in the following structure: Web of Science, Scopus (not in WOS), other (not in WOS or Scopus);
- an overview of teaching experience;
- proof of an internationally relevant research agenda;
- a cover letter including a vision for the candidate’s engagement at the Department of Corporate Economy (approximately 1 A4 page); and a copy of a diploma or other relevant qualification.
Expected commencement of employment: 1. 2. 2021 or by agreement.
Should you find the position interesting, send your application including the documents required for the selection procedure by 1. 11. 2020 via e-application https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/58175 on Masaryk University website.
For more detailed information, contact JUDr. Pavla Zapletalová, phone number 549497358, at the Human Resources department of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, MU.