Research Fellow, Robotics/Mechanical Engineering/Civil Engineering/Computer Engineering
2 days left
- Full Time
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
The Research Fellow will be involved in the research, development and field trial of a new heavy weight-lifting stair-climbing robot that can move around the staircases in building under construction as a Robot control & navigation engineer. This is part of a Construction Robotics program, “Robotics for Construction 4.0” to improve the productivity of construction sites.
The job scopes include:
- Leading role in the project with 5 research staffs and other graduate students
- Research on design, simulation of mobile manipulator platform for construction site uses
- Research on BIM simulation with robot and integration
- Coordinate on conducting field trials
- Report and technical document writing
- PhD in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant skills and experience in machine design, modeling, simulation, FEM analsyis
- Relevant skills and experience in development and deployment using C/C++, Python, ROS, Linux OS, Windows OS, Matlab, and other similar libraries and software tools
- Relevant experience on 3D BIM software
- Ability to work with a team and individually, take initiative and deliver under tight schedule
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.