Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow
6 days left
- Full Time
With the burgeoning of new materials and technologies, understanding the atomic structures and behaviors of new materials is the key for designing and fabricating new functional materials. Thus, direct visualize atomic structures of novel materials is the key to develop a reliable structure-property relationship. Enabled by the advances in aberration‐corrected scanning transmission electron microscopy (STEM), atomic‐resolution real space imaging of materials has allowed a direct structure‐property investigation at the nanoscale.
Nanyang Technological University (NTU), School of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) is one of the key players in exploring new functional materials, and hence it is indispensable to employ electron microscopy to accelerate the process of finding new materials and keep NTU, MSE as one of the research hub for novel functional materials research.
The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow is expected to be able to carry out the following:
- Carry out electron microscopy characterization including atomic-resolution STEM-ADF imaging, EELS analysis, cross-section analysis, etc
- TEM characterization for atom-thin semiconducting, metal and magnetic
- In-situ TEM for the electrocatalystic reactions
- A PhD in Materials Science and Engineering
- At least 1 to 2 years of post-doc work experience in materials science, condensed physics or electron microscopy
- Able to work independently as well as collaborate as part of a team with a diverse group of researchers in NTU
- Strong research training with good publication records
Hiring Institution: NTU