Research Fellow, Chemical Engineering/Environmental Engineering/Materials Science
A Research Fellow position is currently available in the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute - Residues and Resource Reclamation Centre (NEWRI-R3C).
- Lead a research team working in the following areas: (1) Syngas purification – materials and processes for syngas upgrading (e.g., tar, chlorine, sulfur removal) and (2) Syngas utilization – fuel cells and gas engine
- Ensure the development of strong technical expertise in these domains within the team.
- Prepare research proposals, publications, and technology disclosures.
- Supervise students and junior research staff
- Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Materials Science or a related field.
- Previous R&D or work experience with (1) syngas purification and (2) syngas utilization
- Hands-on experience with system engineering, process modelling and optimization, technology prototyping, materials synthesis, characterization and applications would be an advantage
- Industrial chemical engineering experience is preferred
- Able to supervise a project team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Excellent teamwork awareness
- Experienced in preparation of progress reports and peer-reviewed publications
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU