Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The PE Instructor will perform a broad range of physical education instruction and/or fitness training support to various members of the Caltech student community. Ensures sporting activities comply with the Institute mission, and adhere to the rules and regulations of all applicable governing sports bodies. Provides training and instruction to groups or individuals in a particular sport, fitness or training activity. May provide feedback to coaching staff regarding specific sports activities and/or participating athletes. Performs work in accordance with Institute and regulatory agencies (e.g. NCAA standards, practices, and protocols).
- Demonstrates and teaches fundamentals of a specific sport, exercise or fitness program (e.g. Yoga, Ti-Chi Chuan, Aerobic Dance, Karate, Rock Climbing, Fencing, etc) where formal instructional training and certification is required
- Able to manage and communicate with class with respect to the unique demands of a virtual class
- Administers sports/fitness/training program and insures availability of equipment and facilities; organizes program and instructs participants
- Develops tiered fitness programs to meet various skill levels of students/participants
- Maintains accurate records of class including attendance and participation of undergraduate students
- Insures a safe environment by monitoring proper procedures and techniques of all participants
- Works with management to develop physical education class/program schedule(s)
- Supervises equipment usage during all programs
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of work experience
- 2+ years of relevant work experience based on program needs
- Certification required in subject area
- First Aid/CPR training and/or certification