LiSA Associate Director
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The LiSA Associate Director will be the administrative lead for scientific communications with the Department of Energy (DOE) Basic Energy Science program office, and will strategize and coordinate the external and internal communications for the Liquid Sunlight Alliance (LiSA). These communications include a website, newsletter, workshops and All Hands Meetings. The Associate Director position will involve research strategy, communications, and program management for a large, fast-paced, dynamic, and interdisciplinary research program. The Associate Director will work together with the Director and Deputy Director to prepare the annual science review document, prepare for science review presentations, and coordinate submission of quarterly reports. This position is as a member of the LiSA Senior Management Team.
- Communicate with DOE program office regarding change controls, progress, and research strategy for the project.
- Organize the annual DOE merit review, including developing the scientific review document, the review program, and presentations in consultation with the management team and faculty.
- Serve as the lead for the IP program (working with Caltech OTT), serving as the point of contact to ensure the project meets translational goals.
- Serve as the lead for the LiSA industrial engagement program, managing the planning and implementation of partnerships with academia, non-profit research, industry, and other DOE programs.
- Serve as the lead for external communications and internal communications of scientific results, including organizing workshops and events, developing scientific content for the LiSA website and newsletter, and coordinating the LiSA 101 course (admin assistant will support implementation).
- Facilitate communications including the following:
- All Hands Meetings
- The Associate Director will work together with the Director and Deputy Director to prepare the annual science review document.
- Prepare for science review presentations and coordinate submission of quarterly reports.
- PhD in a science and engineering field related to the LiSA mission.
- More than 5 years of experience in administration of DOE research center projects.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare effective written scientific communications such as proposals, reports, and presentations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.