Research Engineer, School of Information Systems
6 days left
- Full Time
- Masters | Bachelor Degree
- Singapore | Closing On 30 Oct 2020
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Design and implement advanced software composition analysis solutions that scan dependency hierarchies and builds new deep learning architectures to analyse code and document repository data and flag vulnerabilities.
- Design and implement advanced directed grammar-based fuzzing solution that generates valid test cases (following predefined grammars) and drives test executions to vulnerable code.
- Conduct evaluations to validate the effectiveness of the algorithms and tools
- Write and publish research papers and present them to reputable academic conferences
- Package the documents, implementation code, evaluate results of the project for public release
- Liaise with the overseas and industry collaborators of this project to realize the overall goal of the project
- Minimum Bachelor or Master degree with first or second upper class degree classification (or their equivalent) in Information Systems / Computer Science/ Information Technology / Informatics Engineering / Computer Engineer / Software Engineering
- Good knowledge about program analysis, data mining and/or machine learning techniques
- Highly fluent in Python
- Competent in designing and implementing algorithms and data structures
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to work under strict deadlines
- Prior experience as Research Assistant or Research Engineer is preferred
- Research capability as evidenced by tangible deliverable i.e publication in an international conference or journal will be advantageous