Research Engineer, School of Information Systems
7 days left
- Full Time
- Singapore | Closing On 30 Oct 2020
contract till 30 April 2021
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Conduct literature research and survey related work on AI-based modeling for healthcare
- Process heterogeneous data from various sources including social media, smart devices and clinics.
- Designing algorithms to carry out data analytics research in healthcare data
- Carrying out experimental and empirical work, refining the approaches used, and analyzing the datathat are obtained
- Writing up the results, and to evaluate their robustness and theoretical soundness
- Minimum Master’s in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or closely related disciplines
- Minimum 2 years of relevant research experience in data mining and machine learning
- Proficiency in at least one of the programming software/languages such as Python, C/C++ and R is required
- Demonstrated experience and know-how on working on user modeling and profiling
- Excellent working knowledge of machine learning packages and open-source tools
- Good analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Applicants with research publications in data mining, machine learning and blockchain area will be advantageous
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently and also collaboratively with team members