Research Associate/Fellow, School of Accountancy
7 days left
- Full Time
- Middle Management
- Masters | PhD | Bachelor Degree
- Singapore | Closing On 30 Oct 2020
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Provide research assistance
- Conduct literature review: Searching journals for existing research on related topics and providing summaries of the literature on these topics
- Data collection: Interviewing practitioners, industry partners and faculty, preparation ofsurveys and collation of data from surveys, administration of experimental materials, preparation of interview and focus group discussion scripts, transcribing and collationof data from interviews and focus group discussion
- Empirical analyses: Conduct data analyses using statistical software.
- Compile information and write research reports
- Masters/PhD degree with Accounting/analytics/education-related background will be a plus or Bachelor degree with research-related experience
- Competency in conducting literature review
- Competencies in multiple research methods including survey, interview, experiment andfocus group discussion
- Ability to interview senior practitioners
- Competency in the use of statistics in research
- Ability in using statistical software (e.g. SPSS, SAS, Stat) for empirical analyses
- Ability to transcribe and handle both qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to work independently, with attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, with experience in managing research projects
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills