Research Associate 2 HSS
The Research Associate position is intended to support ongoing pancreatic cancer screening initiatives at Yale University. The Research Associate will be responsible to perform tasks including database entry, patient communication, data analysis, and manuscript writing under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI).
- Carries out research within the scope of the established study protocol. Adheres to all human subjects regulations as defined by Yale University and the federal government that pertain to research studies.
- Develops criteria for admission of study subjects based on goals and objectives of project.
- Determines potential sources of funding and prospective partnerships.
- Evaluates feasibility of accepting potential projects through analysis of staffing needs, resource requirements, financial costs, and current planned capacity of group. Negotiates contracts and/or changes with funder.
- Develops original HIC/IRB submissions. Based on knowledge of science and research goals, collaborates with PIs on major revisions and contributes to scientific protocols. Plans and implements changes.
- Develops forms, questionnaires and the application of research techniques; writes procedures manuals for data collection and coding.
- Responsible for the documentation and transmission of study data. Ensures that report forms are accurately documented and completed in a timely manner at each site location.
- Works independently to develop manage and organize multi site studies. Serves as primary coordinator between University, non-Yale collaborators, pharmaceutical companies, HIC, IRB and funding sources.
- Performs descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Designs and implements quality control measures to ensure accurate collection and processing of data.
- Contributes in-depth, original thought and relevance to written reports and to the writing of abstracts and manuscripts.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in a related discipline and two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Proven maturity, reliability, and ability to produce accurate work. Ability to work independently, effectively and efficiently under pressure, and to multitask, juggling competing research demands with limited supervision.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for dealing with internal and external contacts.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Highly organized, detail-oriented with the ability to function under deadline pressure. Highly attentive to follow through on logistical, scheduling, and communications with both Yale staff and collaborators.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to maintain integrity in working with confidential information.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Computer proficiency including working familiarity with word processing and statistical programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, SPSS/SAS/R, ACASI, and REDCap. Comfort entering data electronically. Ability and desire to learn new computer programs.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline. Prior 1-year experience with clinical research activity; having additional experience does not make an incumbent overqualified.
Required Licenses or Certifications
Have, obtain and maintain HRPP certification for Human research activities.
Ability to perform tasks including typing, standing, walking, and carrying samples from the endoscopy suite to the biobank repository.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus