Unit: Campus Redevelopment Office
Open for Employee Referral
Application deadline: Open until filled
Starting date: As soon as possible
CEU GmbH (Central European University Private University) is seeking the appointment of a Quantity Surveyor with the capability of supporting the Real Estate Project Manager within the implementation cycle of the development of the University’s Core Campus area and participating in the “Open Book” accounting of projects (Student Housing, Interuniversity Development Area) delivered by other development partners. The Quantity Surveyor will be part of the Development Team from conception through completion – including project initiation/ site control, feasibility analysis/financing plan, permitting, design, financing, construction, start-up and stabilization of operations. With 5+ years of experience, the ideal candidate will be expected to be strong on project detailing and financial analytical skills, have a pro-active value engineering perspective and expected to play a leading role in the procurement and tendering process.
- An undergraduate or advanced degree in Architecture or Engineering with a minimum 5 years working in a real estate development field and having experience in completing at least 5 property development execution projects.
- Experience in working in collaborative teams and extracting market validated cost information.
- Membership of RICS or equivalent national professional bodies for quantity surveying is desirable.
- Working knowledge regarding sustainability principles in the build environment is an advantage
- Proficiency of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Word and digital architectural software. Knowledge of BIM and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Proficiency in German and English
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret technical and, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to read architectural and engineering drawings; knowledge of site planning, architectural design construction techniques; real estate law; negotiations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Review initial budget structure and assess the project feasibility from the perspective of CEU’s project requirements
- Prepare and analyse project costings for tenders, such as materials, quantities, labour and time
- Offer value engineering alternatives
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Advise on a procurement strategy
- Evaluate tenders
- Negotiate contracts and work schedules
- Perform risk, value management and cost control during construction
- Monitor execution in terms of schedule, costs and quality. Develop and report on execution progress
- Provide advice on contractual claims and disputes management
- Analyse execution outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Value completed work, approve bills and arrange payments
- Supervise the enforcement of health, environmental and safety regulations.
- Develop “Open Book” template for controlling the cost structure submission of development partners
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants need to submit:
- Cover letter, directly explaining how your experience fits the responsibilities and expectations of this position
- Full resume
- Contact information (name and email address) of two professional references.
Please send your complete application package to:
email@example.com - including job code in subject line: 2020/062
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).