Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Creative Media
School of Design
Location: University of Greenwich Campuses and Off site
Salary: £33,797 to £49,553 plus £3706 London weighting per annum
Contract Type: Fixed Term - Maternity cover until 31/08/2021
Closing Date: Thursday 29 October 2020
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are seeking an enthusiastic Lecturer to join our design portfolio team for a fixed term (maternity cover) of up to twelve months in the school of Design at the Faculty of Liberal Arts, University of Greenwich.
The School of Design is part of a highly successful and vibrant faculty. Frequently commended for our partnership working across the design and creative industries sector, the School delivers a range of undergraduate and post graduate programmes that lead to various creative industries disciplines including Film and TV, Motion Graphics, Advertising, Visual communication, Architecture, and more.
To compliment the current team’s academic portfolio, we are particularly interested in applicants with specialist experience in digital design and digital media for visual communication and associated skills, with competencies in both analogue (design studio making) and digital formats.
Most of the vacancy’s duties will involve teaching in a variety of settings, including online and face-to-face studio; assessment; and the provision of pastoral and academic support to students, including supervising undergraduate and /or postgraduate dissertations.
The post holder will take on the responsibility of Module Leader, undertaking the associated administration and quality assurance related to the delivery of specified modules. The successful candidate will be required to work closely and professionally with students and staff members at all levels.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a background in the area of design, creative media holding a degree and a postgraduate qualification in a related subject area or equivalent demonstrated through practice
- excellent knowledge of design related areas such us ; advertising; motion graphics; typography; branding;
- experience of teaching at undergraduate level, assessment and student feedback
- experience of the associated administrative and quality requirements
- recognised teaching qualification or HEA, or is near completion of an application
- knowledge and experience of media and design within creative industry and research context
- excellent communication skills
Please NOTE that this job could be considered for job share.
Should you have any queries please contact the HR Recruitment Team on HR-Recruitment@gre.ac.uk
We are looking for people who can help us deliver our mission of transforming lives through inspired teaching and research, through our values.