Senior Service Desk Officer
- Fantastic opportunity to provide support and advice to research support enquiries across the Portfolio
- Located on the Camperdown Campus
- Full-time, continuing position with a remuneration package of $104K p.a., including leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Service Officerto join the Research Operations team. The position will see you provide excellent customer service, transactional support and advice in response to research support enquiries from the University’sresearch community.
The Senior Service Officer is an escalation point for Service Officers, resolving more complex enquires and complicated or privileged processing work. You will be responsible for improving knowledge content for both internal and external audiences. You will also have a continuous improvement mindset, identifying opportunities to make engaging with research support services easier for customers and specialist support teams within the Portfolio, faculties and University schools.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior Service Officer who can demonstrate:
- exceptional customer service proficiency, supported by extensive relevant experience
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience in handling a wide range of enquiries and providing exceptional customer service
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work
- strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement and ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- administrative experience in a tertiary organisation, working knowledge of academic institutions, research management, structures and the higher education sector.
The University has a clear ambition to become the leading comprehensive research-intensive university in Australia and among the very best in the world. The Research Portfolio is committed to enabling our researchers to conduct the highest quality research possible, so they can harness their skills to address vital national and global challenges, and improve the lives of Australians and others around the world.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth.We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 8,100 academic and non-academic staff who support over 73,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit https://sydney.edu.au/about-us/careers-at-sydney.html and search by the reference number 987/0820C to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30pm, Sunday 11 October 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.