5 days left
- Full Time
Applicants should have a strong chemistry or polymer/materials science background and are comfortable handling ex vivo tissues and small animals. Other desirable qualifications include laboratory experience in synthesis and characterization of polyester elastomeric materials. Experience with mammalian cell work is preferred but not necessary as long as the applicant is keen to learn skills related to biological and cell work. We look for applicants who show initiative, and are highly motivated and dynamic. The successful applicant will work in a research group comprising postdoctoral fellows, PhD students and faculty members who are actively engaged in surface and molecular engineering for biomedical applications.
- 3-5 years of academic/industrial research experience in related areas is highly recommended
- Completed PHD in Materials Science / Polymer Chemistry / Organic Chemistry or equivalent;
- Experience in blood/tissue/animal biocompatibility assays
- Familiar with polymer characterization techniques such as GPC, XPS, NMR, FTIR
- Knowledgeable in both natural and/or synthetic biomaterials
- An independent, resourceful and self-motivated personality
- Strong record of publishing and project management
- Good command of oral and written English
We regret that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.