Post-doctoral Research Fellow Level 1
Applications are invited for a temporary post of a UCD Post-doctoral Research Fellow Level 1 within UCD School of Computer Science
Connecting digital mobility assessment to clinical outcomes for regulatory and clinical endorsement (Mobilise-D) brings together clinicians, scientists, prominent academic centres, businesses, and the world's largest pharmaceutical and medical industries to revolutionise assessment of mobility loss using digital technology, leading to a game changer for clinical trials and clinical management of mobility.
The overarching objectives of Mobilise-D are threefold:
- Deliver a valid solution for real-world digital mobility assessment
- Validate digital mobility outcomes to predict clinical endpoints in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, multiple sclerosis, proximal femoral fracture recovery, and congestive heart failure
- Obtain regulatory approval for digital mobility assessment
One of the key components of the MOBILISE-D efforts being led by UCD focuses on data analysis, in particular context identification from human movement sensing data, as captured by IMUs placed on the body.
This is a research focused role, where you will conduct a specified programme of research supported by research training and development under the supervision and direction of a Principal Investigator.
The primary purpose of the role is to further develop your research skills and competences, including the processes of publication in peer-reviewed academic publications, the development of funding proposals, the mentorship of graduate students along with the opportunity to develop your skills in research led teaching.
In addition to the Principal Duties and Responsibilities listed below, the successful candidate will also carry out the following duties specific to this project:
- Proactively contribute to the technical development of the Mobilise-D work-programme and identify areas for innovation within the Mobilise-D project and develop practical solutions for their implementation
- Interact with Mobilise-D stakeholders (internal and external) and be comfortable presenting to increase the awareness of the Mobilise-D project and Insight Centre for Data Analytics
- Contribute and in some instances, take the lead on the preparation of scientific publications arising out of the Mobilise-D project
- Develop data analysis pipelines and methodologies, as well as machine learning approaches for context identification from human movement sensing data
- Deliver research prototypes to showcase the data analysis capabilities
Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
Salary range: €38,631 - €41,025 per annum
Appointment on the above range will be dependent on qualifications and experience
Closing date: 17:00hrs (local Irish time) on 13th October 2020
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time of 17:00hrs (Local Irish Time) on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system. UCD are unable to accept late applications.
UCD do not require assistance from Recruitment Agencies. Any CV's submitted by Recruitment Agencies will be returned.