Senior Researcher - Transplant Immunology
6 days left
- Full Time
KOÇ UNIVERSITY IS SEEKING A SENIOR LEVEL RESEARCHER TO SERVE AS THE ERA CHAIR OF TRANSPLANT IMMUNOLOGY
The ERA Chair will be recruited by Koç University in Istanbul, Turkey for the duration of sixty months (5 Years) under a full employment contract with a follow-up opportunity for tenure.
THE ERA CHAIR PROJECT
Koç University Transplant Immunology Research Center of Excellence “TIREX” project is funded by Horizon 2020 ERA Chair program and it aims to foster excellent interdisciplinary research in the field of Transplant Immunology. TIREX will not only bring Turkish research in Transplant Immunology closer to Europe but will also constitute an important regional Center of Excellence for South-Eastern Europe, connecting ERA with Asia and Middle East countries, while also meeting the regional, national and European priorities. The TIREX ERA Chair project is expected to create an example and a point of reference, generating great opportunities for Koç University and becoming a leading research destination for top-class researchers.
For more information please visit https://kutirex.ku.edu.tr/
Details on the role of the ERA chair holder (ECH position) is provided below:
- Leads R&D activity of the ERA chair of Transplant Immunology
- Holds general responsibility for the strategic development and operational management of the ERA Chair
- Holds responsibility for establishing and supervising his/her own research team
- Builds research excellence and institutional capacity of the ERA Chair
- Ensures international recognition and visibility for the ERA Chair and Koç University in general
- Supports the process of turning research results into socially and economically relevant solutions
Koç University will offer full autonomy to the hired ECH so that he/she structures his/her team as he/she deems appropriate for achieving the scientific and sustainability goals of the Lab. The ECH will be free to choose the Lab’s composition and specify requirements for the researchers (i.e. the team, profile and experience of researchers etc.).
- The applicants must possess a curriculum vitae reflecting scientific excellence, according to highly demanding international standards, in the Transplant Immunology research or related fields. They are expected to be active leading researchers, with a track-record of significant research achievements in the last 10 years.
- Applicants must be scientifically independent and have a recent research track-record and profile which identify them as leaders in Transplant Immunology (i.e. R4: Leading Researcher). They should be international leaders in terms of originality and significance of research contributions, holding a PhD title.
- The applicants should demonstrate high level performance in clinical and translational research areas, training program development, supervising graduate students, international research
- Proven record in securing international research funding and experience with industry cooperation
- Proven experience in management of faculty, personnel, research teams and resource allocation
CRITERIA AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
The received applications will be reviewed and scored by a Selection Committee that will comprise of the members of the International Advisory Board, Koç University Management, TIREX Project Coordinator, Project and Quality Manager, and members of the project’s Steering Committee.
The selection process will consist of two stages:
- Remote evaluation (weight of 70%): analysis of the CVs of the candidates and a draft Scientific & Management Plan for the Transplant Immunology Lab
- Interview evaluation (weight of 30%): Interview and presentation of the candidates’ draft Scientific & Management Plan.
Criterion Elements to be considered
- Number of publications as the first author.
- Number of publications as the corresponding author.
Management and securing funds
- International research projects (as a project coordinator).
- National research projects (as a project coordinator).
- Number of Patents.
- Cooperation with industry.
- International projects in cooperation with industry (as a coordinator).
- National projects in cooperation with industry (as a coordinator).
- Experience in teaching.
- Research team leadership.
- Administrative duties (director etc.).
- MSc supervision/ mentoring.
- PhD supervision/ mentoring. 6. Mobility (e.g. length of stay) secondments to the private sector; number of countries
Scientific and Management Plan
Adequacy and competitiveness of the proposed SMP for the Lab; SMP describing the applicant’s scientific strategy for the implementation of the Lab and his/her needs/expectations in terms of research capacity.
Interviews will be conducted via web conference or face-to-face meetings, as may be deemed appropriate.
Salary/Contract Information: Contract will be for five years (the length of the EU supported ERA Chair project) with a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience of the applicant.
The expected starting date is April 2021.
HOW TO APPLY
The application will be made online. Applications, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statements of teaching and research interests, publication list, and at least three reference letters, must be directly sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail.
Deadline for applications is December 15, 2020.
Applicants can receive support regarding applications to this position via e-mail: email@example.com
Apply for Senior Researcher - Transplant Immunology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly