Research Fellow, Faults and Volcanoes
The Earth Observatory in Singapore (EOS) invites applications for a Research Fellow with demonstrable expertise in application of geophysical and 3D geological modeling to participate in research on the connections between tectonics, earthquake processes, and volcanism around Southeast Asia.
- Construction of realistic 3D geological models that integrate a wide variety of data
- Building new conceptual links between crustal-scale tectonic faults and arc volcano processes
- Development of 3D modeling workflows that utilize the 3D Visualization Lab at the Asian School of the Environment (ASE)
- Managing and maintaining the ASE 3D Visualization Lab and promoting 3D modeling/visualization development
- Working closely with volcanologists, seismologists, and geologists at EOS and partner institutions
- Interpretation and publication of results
- Ph.D. in Geology, Geophysics, Volcanology, or a related field
- Experience with 3D modeling of complex geological systems OR significant experience with volcano or earthquake geology and baseline technical expertise sufficient to support 3D modeling initiatives
- Enthusiasm, good team work, good communication, the ability to conduct independent research and write papers, leadership
- Demonstrated research interest and expertise in earthquake or volcano geology
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU