Research Fellow, Metal 3D Printing
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
- Investigate the solidification of SLM-produced metals and metal alloys using a custom-made 3-D printer
- Devise new strategies to control the microstructure of these materials
- Assess the mechanical properties of the newly produced materials
A Doctoral Degree in Materials Science and Engineering or a related field with experience and knowledge on the following areas:
- Excellent knowledge of solidification of metals
- Characterization of 3D printed metal alloys (X-ray, electron microscopy, optical microscopy)
- Prior knowledge of mechanics and mechanical testing of structural materials
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- High quality publication record in relevant journals
- Work is experimental and requires excellent learning, communication and hands-on skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.